28 February 2011

So excited!!! 22 days and counting...

I'm not sure what we're getting ourselves into. 5 cities in 9 days, this is not how I imagined my first visit to India would be. Nonetheless, I'm super excited and I know that we'll have an awesome time- Paul and I always do. Even though we've done a lot of planning for this trip, I'll still welcome some chaos and certainly expect some degree of culture shock, especially with the sheer number of people and new experiences that we are about to encounter. We have so much planned and so little time!

We booked our inter-India flights on Paul's last visit to San Francisco and just booked the last of our hotels, but are changing things up now that we've decided to add Jaipur to our list of cities to visit. (As if we had enough time to see all that we wanted to see without adding Jaipur, but we can totally make it happen).. Thank goodness Jet Airways is lenient in their change and cancellation policy.

As it looks now, the plan is to meet up in Chicago and fly 14 hours and 40 minutes nonstop (!!) via the Atlantic to New Delhi. Spend a night in Delhi and fly to Goa the next day. Then fly Goa to Mumbai, to Jaipur to Agra, back to Delhi for one more night then leave for a 4 day stay in Tokyo, all the while having as much of an adventure as possible. I basically consider this to be practice for the "Amazing Race" which Paul has been talking about doing for years.. All I know is, we're gonna need a vacation when this is all over. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking an interest in our blog! We appreciate you keeping up-to-date with our travels in India and Japan!